Saturday, March 22, 2008

March Madness

It happens every year. I don't know why I'm always caught off guard. I sit down to have my lunch, search TiVo for The Young and The Restless which is reliably always there, and it's NOT! What a disappointment when I realize that CBS has again contracted to show the College Basketball Finals. So I turn on something else because I don't think I could eat lunch in total silence. I turn to the Food Network, Paula Deen is on and this is another disappointment. I'm not a big fan because everything she makes looks like it would clog my arteries. Down one channel to E! which is showing the 101 Sexiest Bodies in Hollywood. They were only on 100 - I mean who wants to be rated the 100th sexiest body? How many bodies are there in Hollywood and wouldn't it be an insult to be 100th? Too many commercials, so back to Paula...what I saw next was shocking! Perhaps the fattiest, unhealthiest recipe Paula has ever made - Deep Fried Macaroni and Cheese - ranks right up there with Deep Fried Candybars you hear about at the State Fair. Here's the recipe. Chill prepared mac and cheese and cut into squares, wrap with a piece of BACON, dip each square in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs and fry in lots of peanut "ole" and then consume. I'd like to see the nutritional breakdown of that little snack. I hope good old Y&R is back on soon so I don't have to watch the horrors of other daytime TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin