Saturday, April 5, 2008

Farm Fresh Eggs


My good friend came up behind me in my car the other day. We were both late taking our girls to school, but she flagged me down and jumped out of her car to hand me a package. Since our kids play together often, I figured the package would be perhaps a pair of little girls' socks left behind at a playdate or maybe a plastic container being returned. But it was something much, much better. It was a dozen eggs from her parents' farm! As any serious baker knows, you can hardly put a value on eggs fresh from the farm. I have considered having my own chickens just to have great eggs but it is almost certainly against the covenants set forth in the housing plan to which we belong and I do not know the first thing about having chickens! And undoubtedly, my neighbors would have something to say about it. Martha makes it look so great to have chickens although I'm sure she has staff members looking after her chickens and gathering their eggs! Fortunately, I have this wonderful friend who thinks of me and brings me these little treasures every week. Thank you!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I can't wait to show this to my Mom....it will make her feel so purposeful and appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin