Saturday, January 3, 2009

Golden Cake with Chocolate Buttercream




My husband's birthday is on Christmas Day. Usually we celebrate on Christmas night, after all of the other Christmas festivities, squeezing in a song of "Happy Birthday" before our exhausted guests go home. This year, we celebrated at a restaurant on the 27th of December. I baked this cake the day before and we took it with us. The cake was a 2-layer Golden Butter Cake with Silky Chocolate Buttercream. I love having an excuse to bake a cake! I won't copy the recipe here because it's pretty long, but I'm willing to share it if you're interested - just let me know!
The recipes came from The Cake Book by Tish Boyle, my latest baking cookbook acquisition.

5 comments:

  1. Cjocoalte Cake--- You just can't go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it was truly scrumptious!!! What a lucky guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, looks like "Morgan" has slipped some vodka in her coffee this morning! That is my fave cake combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tag! You're it! Check my blog to see what to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'd love this recipe! I'm hunting for an awesome yellow cake to make for my son's second birthday cupcakes next month. I just tried Martha's this week and was less than impressed! My email is typeamommy(at)gmail(dot)com if you get a moment! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin