Friday, October 23, 2009

Friday Favorite - Marzipan...

Chocolate Covered Marzipan

...chocolate covered marzipan actually. Inside this little box contains my very favorite treat. I'll tell you that it's not easy to find. I ask for it in every candy shop - even Godiva stores - and they never have it. But my wonderful husband always seems to find me some. And these chocolate marzipan hearts were the absolute best birthday present ever!

Chocolate Covered Marzipan


Chocolate Covered Marzipan

Marzipan is essentially almonds ground to a paste with sugar and egg whites or corn syrup to act as a binder. It is used in candy and pastries such as petit fours. It can also be tinted and shaped into edible fruits and other shapes to adorn cakes. I first tasted marzipan in Germany when I was in college and traveled with friends around Europe. I fell in love when I tasted it.  If you happen to see it covered in chocolate, you've got to try it! What is your favorite sweet indulgence?

5 comments:

  1. Oh Miss.....enjoy every bit of them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a joy it is to have a thoughtful husband! I just love it when Husband brings me home sweets or wildflowers. Romantic gestures are always appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How thoughtful to bring you just what you wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had so much fun making almond paste and then marzipan one Christmas!We were fortunate to have lived in the UK and Ireland for 5 years, and had lots of scrumptious marzipan, cute fruit shapes and of course lots of chocolate marzipan too. In the shops it was cheap! not here though. Well have lots of marzipan dreams! Mary Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the candys and It looks so delicious.The chocolates are very spectacular. I would like to make something similar in my house.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin