Monday, June 27, 2011

Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing



I just love the way these red velvet cupcakes turned out. I used a Wilton 21 tip to pipe the cream cheese icing into little swirls - 5 or 6 swirls around the edge and then one in the middle. The cupcake papers are made by Reynolds and are sold in our local grocery store. They are high-quality papers which don't become translucent after being baked and they cling nicely to the cupcakes. They're beautiful too. I highly recommend them.

On Friday, I'll be showing you two cupcake towers you can make at home to display your cupcakes!

Red Velvet Cake from the Baked Cookbook


Cream Cheese Frosting
from Martha Stewart's Cupcakes
Makes 4 cups

1 pound (4 cups) confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

With a stand mixer on medium-high speed, fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and cream cheese until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce speed to low. Add confectioners’ sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, and mix until smooth and combined, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Add the vanilla and mix to combine.

3 comments:

  1. I love love love these!! I might have licked my computer a little...I just imagine they are perfect tasting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just looking on google images for icing styles. Saw these got the amazing inspiration that i need!
    I'm using butter icing instead of cream cheese this time. Next time I'll use this recipe! It sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just got a phone call from my bff and wants me to bake her daughter some cakes. She wants a afternoon type cake. Found the perfect one! These! Baking them now! I'll let you know if they taste good. See ya guys!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin