Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Madison's Ice Cream Parlor



Don't these look yummy? Annie's best friend Madison made these a few days ago on a warm early Spring day with only one ingredient - chalk! I had just recently made some Raspberry Frozen Yogurt and taken pictures but I wasn't sure which ice cream looked yummier - mine or Madison's. Here's a photo of the frozen yogurt I made:




This was my first attempt to make frozen yogurt and it was really good! It was infinitely easier to make than traditional custard-type ice cream. The flavor is a little different- a little tangier- and we all enjoyed it. All you do is combine plain whole-milk yogurt, sugar, vanilla, and raspberry puree and freeze it in an ice cream machine for 20 minutes. My Cuisinart ice cream machine from Costco only requires that you pre-freeze the canister and the rest is automatic - no salt to mess with. I got the basic vanilla frozen yogurt recipe from 101cookbooks.com. Oh- and aren't Gerbera Daisies pretty? I'm having fun taking pictures... Happy Spring!

2 comments:

  1. I also have that ice cream maker, but the freezie part always gets bumped for french fries or chicken nuggets when the freezer is too full! I guess that's an important part of the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHH. How sweet...they do look yummy. Freshly scooped too...no drips running down the sides!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin