Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Colors of Late Spring









In the past few weeks, I have been so busy in the garden I feel like I can barely keep up - definitely no time to blog!. Today alone, I weeded and mulched two large beds, planted 4 Geraniums and 20 Calendula plants, watered the most heat-wilted plants and the new green beans seedlings popping out of the ground. And that's only a small fraction of the things I need to do out there! It's hard work that I hope will pay off later. As I work to plant things that will be in full bloom by mid to late summer, I can really appreciate the plants that are in their prime right now, especially because they didn't require hardly anything from me to become what they are. They just do their thing - year after year! Peonies, chives, poppies and strawberries are my favorites this time of year - they'll come and go before we know it.  The colors are so beautiful and the strawberries are delicious! Now back to the garden!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures! I definitely feel the crush of outside work too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin