Saturday, May 22, 2010

Cookie Bouquets!

Flower Cookie Bouquet

Between family and school celebrations and my growing business, the month of May was busy - really busy. And now that it's slowing down, I can talk about all the things I've made. First up, cookie bouquets! These would be perfect for a Mother's Day gift or to display at a kids birthday party or even a garden party. I used these displays for a bake sale benefitting Phipps Conservatory's Botany in Action Program.

For the flower bouquet, take a new terra cotta pot and cut a block of floral foam to fit inside. Tuck some green tissue paper in the spaces between the floral foam and the inside of the pot and insert the flower-cookies-on-a-stick into the floral foam. If it needs more weight near the bottom, throw a few rocks under the floral foam to give it some stability.

Lollipop Cookies

For the lollipops, get a tall, skinny-ish jar and fill it with marbles, buttons, shells, or rocks and insert the lollipop cookies into the jar. I tend to collect things like these and happened to have them in my craft room.

You can find the cookie and icing recipes here. I used Spectrum gel food colors in electric blue, electric pink, electric green and electric orange.

4 comments:

  1. I still have decorating sugar cookies on my list to do. I quit putting it off. Your cookies are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are just ridiculously adorable! And taste great too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the button jars! So Creative.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin