Saturday, May 22, 2010

Cookie Bouquets!

Flower Cookie Bouquet
Between family and school celebrations and my growing business, the month of May was busy - really busy. And now that it's slowing down, I can talk about all the things I've made. First up, cookie bouquets! These would be perfect for a Mother's Day gift or to display at a kids birthday party or even a garden party. I used these displays for a bake sale benefitting Phipps Conservatory's Botany in Action Program.

For the flower bouquet, take a new terra cotta pot and cut a block of floral foam to fit inside. Tuck some green tissue paper in the spaces between the floral foam and the inside of the pot and insert the flower-cookies-on-a-stick into the floral foam. If it needs more weight near the bottom, throw a few rocks under the floral foam to give it some stability.

Lollipop Cookies

For the lollipops, get a tall, skinny-ish jar and fill it with marbles, buttons, shells, or rocks and insert the lollipop cookies into the jar. I tend to collect things like these and happened to have them in my craft room, but someone told me that you can buy buttons by the pound. I'll have to check that out one of these days...

You can find the cookie and icing recipes here. I used Spectrum gel food colors (which are the same as Americolor) in electric blue, electric pink, electric green and electric orange.

4 comments:

  1. I still have decorating sugar cookies on my list to do. I quit putting it off. Your cookies are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are just ridiculously adorable! And taste great too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the button jars! So Creative.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin